FairTradeWorks $10,000 Weblink App Reno Contest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Employees of FairTradeWorks. and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter or win the Contest Prize. The Contest Prize consists of installation of $10,000 worth of renovations (Labor/materials/deliveries and administration combined) at FairTradeWorks pricing at the time of installation. The prize includes installation and craftsmanship by experienced trades professionals working under the FairTradeWorks brand. Not valid with any other coupons or specials currently being offered by FairTradeWorks.
2. Individuals may enter after 12:00 Noon Pacific Time, October 11, 2013, via the Weblink app at fairtradeworks.tel. Entrant must have a smart phone in order to enter and be able to download the app. By entering this Contest, entrants unconditionally agree to abide by all terms of these Official Rules. All decisions regarding the interpretation of the Official Rules, eligibility, and the selection of the winner for the Contest Prize lie with FairTradeWorks and are final.
3. To qualify for the Contest Prize each entrant must: (a) be a legal resident of British Columbia, Canada; (b) be of the legal age of majority ; (c) own the residence they are qualifying for, which must be the address where the Contest Prize is to be completed if such entry is determined to be the winner; and (d) enter into, along with all co-owners of the property, a standard FairTradeWorks Construction contract.
4. One winner will be selected via random drawing from among all eligible entries received by the entry deadline of 12:00 Noon Pacific Time on December 6, 2013. The drawing will be conducted and administered by FairTradeWorks Founder & President Jim Perkins. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The initially selected potential winner will be notified by telephone and social media on December 6, 2013. The potential winner must comply with all instructions in the Contest Prize notification communication(s) and in the Official Rules. If the potential winner cannot be contacted for any reason, or is ineligible, or fails to claim the Contest Prize, or fails to return the completed and executed affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within fourteen (14) days of prize notification, such potential winner will be disqualified, and the Founder & President will select an alternate winner at random from among all remaining non-winning eligible entries received. The potential winner is subject to verification by FairTradeWorks, whose decisions are final and binding; an entrant is not the winner of the Contest Prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified by FairTradeWorks and/or its representatives.
5. One Contest Prize will be awarded. Any costs in excess of the retail value of the Contest Prize products chosen by the winner, including permits, applicant taxes, and installations, shall be the sole and exclusive responsibility of winner. Installation of Contest Prize products must be provided by FairTradeWorks. Installation of Contest Prize products is subject to availability, may be subject to black-out dates, and is subject to the terms and conditions of FairTradeWorks‘ standard installation guidelines. Other restrictions and limitations may apply. The Contest Prize (including any component thereof) is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
6. WAIVER OF DO NOT CALL RIGHTS. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by entering this Contest the entrant expressly authorizes FairTradeWorks and/or its representative(s), for the period during the contest and for 180 days after the drawing, to contact the entrant by any means, including, without limitation, telephone and electronic mail. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE CONTACTED BY FairTradeWorks AND/OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES. YOUR ENTRY IN THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR EXPRESS WAIVER AND REVOCATION OF ANY PREVIOUS INCLUSION OF YOUR NAME, TELEPHONE NUMBER, ADDRESS, OR EMAIL ADDRESS ON ANY FEDERAL, PROVINCIAL, MUNICIPAL OR LOCAL DO NOT CALL, DO NOT EMAIL, OR DO NOT SOLICIT LISTS. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO WAIVE/REVOKE SUCH RIGHTS, DO NOT ENTER THE CONTEST. Entry in this Contest constitutes an inquiry by the entrant to FairTradeWorks for its services.
7. For a period of 180 days after installation of the Contest Prize is complete the winner agrees to allow FairTradeWorks and/or its representatives the use of his/her home (including the right to take photographs of and/or make audio/visual recordings of his/her home, with FairTradeWorks and/or its representative being the owner of all rights, including the copyright, in such photographs and audio/visual recordings) without further permission or compensation. The winner grants FairTradeWorks and/or its representatives the right and permission, except where prohibited, to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, his/her name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, and biographical information for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes (including the announcement of his or her name on television or radio broadcasts) without additional consideration, compensation, permission, or notification. Entrants agree that FairTradeWorks shall own the entries, which will not be acknowledged or returned.
By entering the Contest, entrants release and hold harmless FairTradeWorks, their respective subsidiaries, representatives, licensees and affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, liability and actions or omissions, including, without limitation, property damage, violations of publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, arising out of or related to the entrant’s participation in this Contest and, if entrant is the winner and accepts the Contest Prize, with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of the Contest Prize (including any component thereof).
8. Liability for any applicable taxes, including, without limitation, all income and sales taxes, surcharges or other expenses not specifically provided for by FairTradeWorks in these Official Rules, will be the sole responsibility of the Contest Prize winner. Any required tax reporting forms will be furnished to the Canadian Revenue Agency by FairTradeWorks.
9. FairTradeWorks and its agencies are not responsible for disconnections or errors in data transmissions during contest entry. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned (e.g., computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure), FairTradeWorks reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest. In such event, the winner will be selected from among all eligible, legitimate entries received prior to and/or after the action taken by FairTradeWorks or via some other means that FairTradeWorks determines in its sole discretion is fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules. Notice of such action by FairTradeWorks will be posted at www.FairTradeWorks.biz. FairTradeWorks is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer, network, hardware or software; the unavailability or inaccessibility of any web site or service; unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or any injury or damage to persons or property, including, without limitation, entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or from downloading any material from FairTradeWorks‘ web site(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by FairTradeWorks or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to FairTradeWorks’web site by a hypertext link. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person submitting an entry via the internet, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage FairTradeWorks‘ site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, FairTradeWorks reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. FairTradeWorks‘ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If any of the terms of the Official Rules are declared to be unenforceable, all other terms will remain in force.
11. This Contest is sponsored by FairTradeWorks, 101-1520 Rand Avenue Vancouver, BC V6P3G2 and is governed by the laws of British Columbia. FairTradeWorks reserves the right to suspend, modify, or cancel this Contest at any time without prior notice or obligation.